Sunday, November 15, 2009

Playing Suzie Homemaker

This summer I was blessed with a wonderful gift from Grandma Thompson. A BEAUTIFUL SEWING MACHINE!!

Now, growing up being "one of the guys" I have never been the "suzie homemaker" type but I thought I would put some use to this thing. So, with my mother's help and some great ideas I decided to start off making the kids something. That way if they suck, the kids can't tell.......and I will make them wear it anyways. (the joys of being a parent) I spent a couple weeks and went for broke. I ended up making Lilly a pair of jammies and a matching bathrobe. Then I made her baby matching jammies too! I am on a roll, let me tell you. This "suzie homemaker" stuff comes naturally to me. I am now making Rafe some bag jammies! Hopefully, with some practice and guidance one day I can make quilts somewhat like my my Auntie Susie! (big maybe on that one, she pretty much rocks the quilting thing) So, in this "oh-so wonderful" nesting period.....THANK YOU GRANDMA THOMPSON for giving me a hobby!

No comments: