Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Our New Addition

As you all know, our new addition arrived on Christmas Eve......December 24th at 12:59AM. He was 6lbs 10 oz and 19 1/2 in long. This is how it all happened.......

Wednesday, December 23rd we went to the doctor for a regular check up. I was not having any pains or anything. At that point I was a little over 4cm dilated and still not feeling any pains. So, we made a future appointment and left the doctor. Still no pains through the whole day. Lilly kissed me goodnight around 9pm and I started having a little pain, just thought he was pushing down on me. (boy was he) By 10pm the pains were stronger and I notified my parents but I didn't want to go into the hospital just yet in fear they would send me home. By 10:30pm my husband decided that we should go in, just in case. We waited for my parents to get to the house and then headed to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital around 11:45ish and they checked us in. By the time they checked me at 12am I was 9cm and the baby was wanting to come out. We had to wait 20 minutes for my doctor to get there and right as he was walking in I started pushing. It was the most excruciating pain I have ever felt (I had an epidural with Lilly). Thank GOD for my husband. He held my leg and was as calm as ever.....coaching me along. At that point his voice was all I could hear. He never left my side the entire time from start to finish.

Ray is a natural at the whole "father" thing. He makes sure I get enough rest and helped me get the whole breast feeding thing down. His calmness and confidence keeps me at ease! He loves his little boy! So protective of his baby, making sure he is fed, changed, warm and comfortable....mommy and baby are WELL taken care of. It's amazing how incredible he is with all this. He has attempted to go back to work today but is ready to get home, probably going to take the rest of the week off........I knew he wouldn't make it. Not enough time with his bubba!

Lilly is SO in love with her baby brother! I put some pictures of the two of them on the right hand side of the blog. She just loves to hold him and kiss him!

Thank you all for the loving thoughts during this time! Our little family of four is PERFECT!!!






No comments: