Saturday, May 1, 2010

FRIENDSHIP

"Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down."

I have recently come into a new friendship and felt as if I needed to speak about it. As you all probably know, friends don't come easy to me. Being the youngest of five children I never really had to make friends. My siblings were my friends and their friends became my friends as well. Never did I imagine that as I got older my siblings and I would separate and live so far away. Although, I do have my mother here and she is my ultimate BEST FRIEND, understanding and loving in a way nobody ever could be. Anyways, this brought me to a very lonely state in my life. But as I tried to make friends, thinking it would be a simple task...I mean I can be a nice person when I want to be (HA HA HA)....I soon realized there was much difficulty. I had reached a rock, a pretty hard rock and realized that I have NO CLUE how to get myself out there and meet new people. How does someone go a whole life and not learn how to befriend someone? Well, don't ask me how I did it but if anything can't be done.....I CAN DO IT!

Well, on with my story.....I was beginning to let go of the dream of finding a girly friend companion when I started to search for my spiritual self again. And SMACK.....there you go! GOD handed me friends and I just out of nowhere began to learn how to be a friend. So, here I am...sitting in pure grin. I am still learning how to get myself out there but I will not stop until I have befriended the whole damn world if I have too....because come to find out, having friends is AWESOME!!

The moral of my story is, I'm happy because now not only am I growing within myself and learning new things in life but I am also able to share that with people other than my loving little family. And although it might seem silly or childish, friendship now means HEAVEN to me!

"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can fly only by embracing each other."

No comments: