Sunday, January 16, 2011

A day off.......

I am a working mother of two (three if you count the hubby) crazies.  And don't get me started on my "slave-driver" boss.....HA (love you Mama).  But every so often I am granted a lovely day off at home, spent at HOME (pictured on the right). 



One of the things I like about days at home is messy hair!  If you are staying at home you don't even have to brush it, which means I don't have to fight with Miss Priss and I love that idea.  Thank you messy hair for making my day that much easier.



A favorite time of mine is nap time!  While this busy body cozies up in his bed I get some peaceful time, which I love love love.  Thank you Sandman for giving him the dreams it takes to give me the sanity I need.  (Don't they look so cute all nestled quietly in their beds?)



The great thing about our precious babies getting older is that they get to help you more and more around the house.  Chores!  Thank you chores for giving me a helping hand when I need it most.



My most accomplished moment of my day home is the split second where the floors are clean and clear of all toys, blankets, and children (well two out of three ain't bad).  Oh glorious day, thank you for my (for the most part) clean floors.



Oh well, it was nice while it lasted!  Thank you loving children for making me realize not to take life too seriously, or my clean house to literally!

The BEST thing about having a day to be at home is getting to hang with the crazies!  In one day I can laugh, yell, cry, smile, chuckle, sigh, and gloat all at the very same moment.  Guess that's the beauty of being a mother, and oh how beautiful it is!

2 comments:

Sy and Shaunna said...

we need to paint your house, you have some giant walls screaming for color!

Mama T said...

They are ALL painted, thank you very much. There are four different colors throughout the house, they are all around beige, light brown, and a greyish brown color. I do have to paint downstairs because the walls are red and I don't do red, I am going to paint it a sage green type color. I might change some walls, I want a dark brown on one wall and maybe a green or something on a few, not sure.