Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Purpose

GOAL:
the result or achievement toward which effort
is directed; aim; end


Every year when January 1st rolls around the world makes these goals they call RESOLUTIONS.  The majority consist of losing weight, quitting something, being a better person, etc etc.  I would also say that the majority go from being resolutions to broken promises to themselves.  It seems to happen, we get wrapped up in our busy lifestyles that we soon forget the simple things we promised ourselves to make life that much better.  This year I have decided that instead of making one resolution at the beginning of the year I would make numerous goals throughout the year.  It seems more realistic to make goals all year and give yourself a timeframe of some sort.  Goals give you a PURPOSE an END RESULT a feeling of SUCCESS and COMPLETION!




One of my first goals may seem minor but for a working mother of two hoodlums it is a hight that may take some falling to defeat.  I WANT TO READ THE WHOLE TWILIGHT SAGA!  I have made my husband (bless his heart) take me to the theater to see all of the movies so far and am patiently awaiting the last one.  (Althought it being the last one seems to bittersweet.)  As little free (or quiet) time as I have (meaning none) I am surprised that I am almost done with the first book and  just bought them last week.  I have to admit they are so much better than the movies, but I love the movies and all the gorgeous people in them (oh so gorgeous).  So, I am on my way to achieving my first goal of reading the four fabulous books of imagination, passion, and amazement.  GO TEAM EDWARD!  (Yes, I am a total Team Edward fan.....thank you very much.)




Last year my husband and I bought a beautiful house that we now like to call home.  One of our first "welcome home" gifts we received was this table runner.  If you didn't know my Auntie Susie is an incredible quilter/sewer and worked her cute little butt off to get this done.  She was literally hand sewing the last few bits together on the drive down for Thanksgiving.  I have to admit it is one of the best assets of my house, especially my kitchen.  (It's all about coffee, which like oxygen I don't think I would be able to live without.)  Which (kind of) leads me to my next goal.  
   




My goal is to decorate our lovely house and make it a cozy and welcoming home!  One in which everyone will want to come to visit and feel so comfortable in.  So far this wall is my favorite decorated place in the house, well on eof my favorites anyway....I love my camoflauge bedspread and ALL of my new furniture.  My goal is to make every place my favorite place, probably not by the end of the year but definately throughout my entire lifetime. 

Another goal I have, which is not only for me but for my children and family as well, is to make friends.  If you know me then you know that this seems like an almost impossible goal for me to reach.  Since I have children I have come to realize that they are turning more into me than I would like.  I have little to no friends.....especially friends with children, which is crucial when you have a family.  I am realizing that my daughter is following my footsteps and is very shy around kids (she is more into adults which is exactly how I was).  So, I will now make friends in her school, dance, and anywhere else I can scoop them up from.  So this goal will not only benefit me but my amazing (and lonely) children as well.  Wish me luck!  (No seriously, I'm going to need it.)

To me this year means new beginnings and great adventures.  We should live every year better than the last.  It seems like life gets shorter and shorter so why would we want to let anything go to waste?  I choose not to and this is my YEAR OF CHANGE and GOODNESS!  Join me on my adventure of goals and success! 

No comments: